Easy as one-two-three!
Are you considering creating a multimedia piece for The Collection? We want to make it as easy on you as possible. Follow these three steps to prepare, record and submit your bite-sized strategy!
Step 1: Pick your tool
Consider the following to determine the best tool to communicate your strategy:
- Use something you are familiar with. Quicktime, Screencast-o-matic, voice over PowerPoint, it’s up to you. Or, if you want to invest some time learning a new tool, feel free.
- Be as creative as you like! You can do it interview style with a colleague, include images or other video, have flash cards, etc. Or keep it simple – record a quick video on your phone.
- Think about any resources (e.g. documents, websites) to share so other educators can pick up your strategy easily and quickly.
- File requirements:
- Audio: MP3
- Video: MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV
Step 2: Prepare and record your submission
Your video/audio recording should follow this structure:
- Tell us a bit about yourself
- Provide a brief introduction to your learners
- Why did you implement the strategy?
- What did you do?
- How did it work out for you and your students?
- Would you change anything?
- Briefly describe any resources you are sharing.
- Keep it to one strategy. If you have more than one, submit multiple videos!
- Limit your video to 5 minutes. Research shows that viewers tune out shortly after this point, so keep it short and sweet!
Creative Commons Licence: Centennial College will publish your contribution to The Studio on this website. It will be shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) Licence. This means other educators can use, adapt or remix your content for non-commercial purposes as long as they provide attribution to you.
Step 3: Submit
Once your video/audio is complete, submit it to us! Click on the button below to submit a piece to The Collection.
If you’re taken to a Microsoft sign in page, use your myCentennial email address to be redirected to the login page. Once you’ve logged in, fill out the form to submit your work!