Be creative with another type of submission! Whether it be a song, poem, infographic, mindmap or other type of “piece” for The Collection, we want to hear from you. Play to your strengths or learn something new. It’s up to you! All contributors will be automatically entered into a draw for a gift card.
The only catch? Follow the guidelines below to ensure that your contribution fits nicely in our collection.
- Tell us about the assessment:
- What kind of assessment was it? (Ex: a group project, written assignment, presentation, etc.)
- What made this assessment experience stand out as your favourite? (Ex: Was the process different? The grading? The type of assessment? Being able to work with other students?)
- What were the benefits and/or challenges of the assessment?
- Do you have any suggestions on how it could have been improved?
- Anything else you want to share!
- What is the overall takeaway or message that you’d like us to know about your experience with this assessment?
- Choose what you want the world to know about you. You don’t have to include your name (unless you want to) but you can mention what you’re studying, and a little about your personal and/or educational background, if you’d like.
- Keep it to one assessment experience. If you have more than one, submit more! Also remember that additional submissions can be in a different format (e.g. audio, video).
- Keep it positive and professional. Even if you’re talking about some challenges you may have had, try to maintain a positive tone. We want to hear about how we can improve! Be mindful of your message and don’t share anything you aren’t comfortable with others knowing.
- Keep it simple. The purpose of The Collection is provide bite-sized tips for teachers to consider. And we hope this makes it easier for you to craft your submission, too!
- Keep it private. Don’t mention any specific names of teachers, courses, etc. or anything else that could identify you or your teachers.
You can use these guidelines in any format. For example, a poem could capture your feelings during an assessment, the result and your reflections. You could then complement your poem with a brief written piece or video to provide an introduction to your poem. Each piece in the collection is customizable so you can configure it in any way you’d like!
Creative Commons Licence: Centennial College will publish your contribution to The Studio on this website. It will be shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) Licence. This means anyone can use, adapt or remix your content for non-commercial purposes as long as they provide attribution to you
Submit a Piece
Once you’ve completed your submission, click on the button below.
If you’re taken to an MS Office page, use your myCentennial email address to be redirected to the login page. Once you’ve logged in, fill out the form to submit your work!
If you have an idea but you’re not sure how to share it, get in touch with us at COLT@centennialcollege.ca. A COLT faculty member would be happy to help you!