Submit a Piece to The Collection Together!
Share with us
Add a piece to The Collection! This semester, we are looking for faculty and students to share bite-sized tips and experiences focused on assessments. So we thought this could also provide a unique opportunity for students and teachers to team up and tell us about an assessment from two different perspectives!
The goal is to curate valuable (but brief!) strategies, or “pieces,” for The Collection to share with busy educators within and beyond our Centennial College community. As an open educational resource, others will be able to explore, adopt and adapt your work.
Because each submission is bite-sized, we want you to focus on one unique strategy or approach related to assessment. Provide two separate viewpoints, have an open discussion or create an interview-style submission – it’s completely up to you!
We encourage all types of submissions. Choose what you’re most comfortable with (i.e. video, written work, voice recording, infographic, etc.). Have more than one assessment you’d like to share? Send us multiple submissions!
Not sure you have anything to contribute on assessments? You probably do! Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to acknowledge a faculty member when talking about your favourite assessment? This could be related to anything from the support they provided you throughout to the design of an assignment.
- Are you unsure about the specific details of a past assignment and would like the teacher to help?
- Are you interested in having an open conversation to discuss your favourite assessment with your teacher?
- Can you think of a student who would like to contribute their voice to your submission? More than one student?
- Is there student feedback that would be valuable to consider so others can implement your assessment tip?
- Are you interested in having an open conversation with one or more students to discuss the aspects of an assessment that they loved?
To learn more about how to submit a piece, explore the submission type options below.
Creative Commons License
Centennial College will publish your contribution to The Studio on this website. It will be shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) License. This means others can use, adapt or remix your content for non-commercial purposes as long as they provide attribution to you.
Take some time to tell us about one unique assessment strategy from two different perspectives!
Want to jazz up your submission? Use video or audio! Interested? See the guidelines for video and audio submissions.
Is there another way you’d like to share your idea? We welcome all contributions as long as you follow some basic guidelines.
If you have an idea but you’re not sure how to share it, get in touch with us at CFDTI@centennialcollege.ca. A CFDTI faculty member would be happy to help you!