Easy as one-two-three!
Are you considering creating a multimedia piece for The Collection? We want to make it as easy on you as possible. Follow these steps to prepare, record and submit your bite-sized contribution!
Step 1: Pick your tool
Consider the following to determine the best tool to communicate your strategy:
- Use something you are familiar with. Quicktime, Screencast-o-matic, voice over PowerPoint, it’s up to you. Or, if you want to invest some time learning a new tool, feel free.
- Be as creative as you like! You can do it interview style with a friend, include images or other video, have flash cards, etc. Or keep it simple – record a quick video on your phone.
- File requirements:
- Audio: MP3
- Video: MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV
Step 2: Prepare and record your submission
Your video/audio recording should include the following:
- Tell us a bit about yourselves
- Provide a brief introduction to what the the assessment is
- How did it work out for you?
- What was the value of the assessment from both perspectives? The overall takeaway?
- Would you change anything?
- Add anything else you’d like!
- Keep it to one assessment experience. If you have more than one, submit more! Also remember that additional submissions can be in a different format (e.g. audio, video).
- Keep it positive and professional. Even if you’re talking about challenges, maintain a positive tone.
- Keep it simple. The purpose of The Collection is provide bite-sized tips for teachers to consider. And we hope this makes it easier for you to craft your submission, too!
- Keep it private. Don’t share anything about yourself that you aren’t comfortable with others knowing.
Creative Commons Licence: Centennial College will publish your contribution to The Studio on this website. It will be shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) Licence. This means anyone can use, adapt or remix your content for non-commercial purposes as long as they provide attribution to you.
Step 3: Submit
Once your video/audio is complete, submit it to us! Click on the button below to submit a piece to The Collection.
If you’re taken to a Microsoft sign in page, use your myCentennial email address to be redirected to the login page. Once you’ve logged in, fill out the form to submit your work!