Easy as one-two-three!
Are you considering creating a multimedia piece for The Collection? We want to make it as easy on you as possible. Follow these steps to prepare, record and submit your bite-sized contribution!
Step 1: Pick your tool
Consider the following to determine the best tool to communicate your strategy:
- Use something you are familiar with. Quicktime, Screencast-o-matic, voice over PowerPoint, it’s up to you. Or, if you want to invest some time learning a new tool, feel free.
- Be as creative as you like! You can do it interview style with a friend, include images or other video, have flash cards, etc. Or keep it simple – record a quick video on your phone.
- File requirements:
- Audio: MP3
- Video: MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV
Step 2: Prepare and record your submission
Your video/audio recording should include the following:
- Tell us a bit about yourselves
- Provide a brief introduction to what the the assessment is
- How did it work out for you?
- What was the value of the assessment from both perspectives? The overall takeaway?
- Would you change anything?
- Add anything else you’d like!
- Keep it to one assessment experience. If you have more than one, submit more! Also remember that additional submissions can be in a different format (e.g. audio, video).
- Keep it positive and professional. Even if you’re talking about challenges, maintain a positive tone.
- Keep it simple. The purpose of The Collection is provide bite-sized tips for teachers to consider. And we hope this makes it easier for you to craft your submission, too!
- Keep it private. Don’t share anything about yourself that you aren’t comfortable with others knowing.
Creative Commons Licence: Centennial College will publish your contribution to The Studio on this website. It will be shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) Licence. This means anyone can use, adapt or remix your content for non-commercial purposes as long as they provide attribution to you.
Step 3: Submit
Once your video/audio is complete, submit it to us! Click on the button below to submit a piece to The Collection.
If you’re taken to a Microsoft sign in page, use your myCentennial email address to be redirected to the login page. Once you’ve logged in, fill out the form to submit your work!
If you have an idea but you’re not sure how to share it, get in touch with us at COLT@centennialcollege.ca. A COLT faculty member would be happy to help you!