Submit a Piece to The Collection
Assessment Series (Faculty)
Share with us
Add a piece to The Collection! This semester, we are looking for faculty to share bite-sized teaching tips, resources and examples focused on assessments. If you have a virtual teaching and learning tip to add to our existing collection, we’d be happy to accept these any time as well!
The goal is to curate valuable (but brief!) strategies, or “pieces,” for The Collection to share with busy educators within and beyond our Centennial College community. As an open educational resource, other teachers will be able to explore, adopt and adapt your work.
Because each submission is bite-sized, we want you to focus on one unique strategy or approach related to assessment or virtual teaching and learning. These can range from strategies, tools or approaches that are tested and true or a recent “a-ha” moment!
We encourage all types of submissions. Choose what you’re most comfortable with (i.e. video, written work, voice recording, infographic, etc.). Submit individually or as a group. Send us multiple submissions!
We are still accepting submissions! To learn more about how to submit a piece, see the submission type options below.
Not sure you have anything to contribute on assessments? You probably do! Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have any examples of meaningful assessments that you’ve used in your course?
- How do you provide feedback? How do you ensure students read it?
- What formative assessment strategies do you use?
- Have you developed an excellent assignment or rubric that you want to share?
- How do you ensure your assessments are inclusive and/or accessible?
- How do you offer choice in your assessments?
- How have you adapted your assessments to suit an online environment?
- What tools to you use to communicate assignment expectations?
- Do you have some tips on how to reduce marking fatigue?
- …and anything else you want to share!
Creative Commons License
Centennial College will publish your contribution to The Studio on this website. It will be shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) License. This means other educators can use, adapt or remix your content for non-commercial purposes as long as they provide attribution to you.
Take some time to tell us about one unique assessment strategy! You can submit this individually, as a group or, if you have a lot to share, submit more than one!
Want to jazz up your submission? Use video or audio! Interested? See the guidelines for video and audio submissions.
Is there another way you’d like to share your idea? We welcome all contributions as long as you follow some basic guidelines.
If you have an idea but you’re not sure how to share it, get in touch with us at COLT@centennialcollege.ca. A COLT faculty member would be happy to help you!