Do you have a favourite assessment experience that you’d like to share to help teachers create a better learning experience for everyone? We want to hear from you! Share this experience with us as a piece in our collection. Each piece should focus on one experience/assessment but you are welcome to submit more than one! All contributors will be automatically entered into a draw for a gift card!
The only catch? Follow the guidelines below to ensure that your contribution fits nicely within our collection.
- Tell us about the assessment:
- What kind of assessment was it? (Ex: a group project, written assignment, presentation, etc.)
- What made this assessment experience stand out as your favourite? (Ex: Was the process different? The grading? The type of assessment? Being able to work with other students?)
- What were the benefits and/or challenges of the assessment?
- Do you have any suggestions on how it could have been improved?
- Anything else you want to share!
- What is the overall takeaway or message that you’d like us to know about your experience with this assessment?
- Choose what you want the world to know about you. You don’t have to include your name (unless you want to) but you can mention what you’re studying, and a little about your personal and/or educational background, if you’d like.
- Keep it to one assessment experience. If you have more than one, submit more! Also remember that additional submissions can be in a different format (e.g. audio, video).
- Keep it positive and professional. Even if you’re talking about some challenges you may have had, try to maintain a positive tone. We want to hear about how we can improve! Be mindful of your message and don’t share anything you aren’t comfortable with others knowing.
- Keep it simple. The purpose of The Collection is provide bite-sized tips for teachers to consider. And we hope this makes it easier for you to craft your submission, too!
- Keep it private. Don’t mention any specific names of teachers, courses, etc. or anything else that could identify you or your teachers.
Creative Commons Licence: Centennial College will publish your contribution to The Studio on this website. It will be shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) Licence. This means educators can use, adapt or remix your content for non-commercial purposes as long as they provide attribution to you.
Submit a Written Piece
Once you’ve completed your submission, click on the button below.
If you’re taken to a Microsoft sign in page, use your myCentennial email address to be redirected to the login page. Once you’ve logged in, fill out the form to submit your work!