Easy as one-two-three!
Are you considering creating a multimedia piece for The Collection? We want to make it as easy on you as possible. Follow these steps to prepare, record and submit your contribution! All contributors will be automatically entered into a draw for a gift card.
Step 1: Pick your tool
Consider the following to determine the best tool to communicate your strategy:
- Use something you are familiar with. Quicktime, Screencast-o-matic, voice over PowerPoint, it’s up to you. Or, if you want to invest some time learning a new tool, feel free.
- Be as creative as you like! You can do it interview style with a friend, include images or other video, have flash cards, etc. Or keep it simple – record a quick video on your phone.
- File requirements:
- Audio: MP3
- Video: MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV
Step 2: Prepare and record your submission
Your video/audio recording should include the following:
- Tell us about the assessment:
- What kind of assessment was it? (Ex: a group project, written assignment, presentation, etc.)
- What made this assessment experience stand out as your favourite? (Ex: Was the process different? The grading? The type of assessment? Being able to work with other students?)
- What were the benefits and/or challenges of the assessment?
- Do you have any suggestions on how it could have been improved?
- Anything else you want to share!
- What is the overall takeaway or message that you’d like us to know about your experience with this assessment?
- Choose what you want the world to know about you. You don’t have to include your name (unless you want to) but you can mention what you’re studying, and a little about your personal and/or educational background, if you’d like.
- Keep it to one assessment experience. If you have more than one, submit more! Also remember that additional submissions can be in a different format (e.g. audio, video).
- Keep it positive and professional. Even if you’re talking about some challenges you may have had, try to maintain a positive tone. We want to hear about how we can improve! Be mindful of your message and don’t share anything you aren’t comfortable with others knowing.
- Keep it simple. The purpose of The Collection is provide bite-sized tips for teachers to consider. And we hope this makes it easier for you to craft your submission, too!
- Keep it private. Don’t mention any specific names of teachers, courses, etc. or anything else that could identify you or your teachers.
Creative Commons Licence: Centennial College will publish your contribution to The Studio on this website. It will be shared under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY-NC 4.0) Licence. This means anyone can use, adapt or remix your content for non-commercial purposes as long as they provide attribution to you.
Step 3: Submit
Once your video/audio is complete, submit it to us! Click on the button below to submit a piece to The Collection.
If you’re taken to a Microsoft sign in page, use your myCentennial email address to be redirected to the login page. Once you’ve logged in, fill out the form to submit your work!