The end of the road?
Thanks for participating in the H5P sprint! We hope that this has been a helpful experience for you in expanding your knowledge of H5P through our weekly challenges and discussions. This learning sprint was designed to provide bite-sized opportunities to explore the numerous possibilities with H5P, but the journey doesn’t have to end here. There is such potential in using H5P in your classes, and we hope that you continue to channel your creativity and passion to keep making amazing activities for your students!
Your Last Challenge…
Now that you have explored and shared a bunch of H5P activities, it’s time to talk about how to use and adapt another person’s work! In this last challenge, you’ll be asked to download and adapt someone else’s activity in your own H5P account.
Step 1: Ensure your own activities are correctly licenced and can be shared
In Challenge #1, we asked you to CC Licence your work and ensure this information is available to others. Now, let’s check if others can download and/or embed your activity!
- Sign into your H5P account
- Find the activities you have shared in the padlets from weeks 1-4 (they are also reposted below if you’d like to access via the links in your post)
- Click on the activity name
- Click on “Edit”
- Click on the “Metadata” button next to the Title
- Select a CC Licence
- Optional: If you would like to be attributed for your H5P activity, include your name or pseudonym under “Author’s Name”.
- Select “Author’s Role” from the dropdown. If this is your original work, select “Originator” or “Author”
- At the bottom of the page in edit mode
- Ensure the “Allow users to download content” option is selected (for eCampus H5P accounts, ensure “Display buttons (download, embed and copyright)” is selected as well)
- Optional: select “Display embed button” if you’d also like to allow others to embed your exact H5P activity
Step 2: Download and adapt someone else’s activity
Now it’s time to adapt someone else’s activity! The below Padlets are all the H5P activities shared over the course of our learning sprint. There’s quite a few written steps, so you may want to skip to the video walkthrough for a short tutorial instead.
Step 2a: Identify an activity you’d like to adapt
First, let’s identify an activity to adapt from what was shared in our first 3 challenges. Peruse these two Padlets and identify ONE that you want to adapt:
Challenge #1 Padlet
Challenges #2 and #3 Padlet
Step 2b: Save and adapt
If you already know how to save another person’s activity to your H5P account, skip to step 3.
For Centennial College H5P accounts (click to open)
For eCampus Ontario H5P accounts (click to open)
Step 3: Share!
In the Padlet below, share your adapted activity!