Creative Commons Licences 101
Throughout this learning sprint, we’ll be asking you to share H5P activities that you’ve created! Because this sprint is taking place on our openly licensed site, we want you to determine how you’d like to license the activities you will share.
Check out this quick video by the University of Guelph about the different Creative Commons Licences.
Show and Tell Time!
In our first H5P challenge, we want you to share an activity you already created in H5P! Clone/copy your activity and post it to the Padlet below by following these instructions:
Step 1: Prepare Your Activity
- Identify an activity that you would like to share
- Click on the three-button menu for that activity (the right most side of the row) and select “Clone”
- Retitle the activity (optional)
- Use the CC Licence Chooser to identify a licence for your H5P activity
- In “Metadata” next to the Title, select your CC Licence from the “License” dropdown menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Under “Display Option”, ensure that “Display Copyright” is selected. You can choose whether or not you’d like others to be able to embed or download this activity for their own use.
- Under “Publish”, select “Public”.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page to save your selections.
Step 2: Post Your Activity
- Under “Publish”, ensure “External Link” is selected. Click on the URL to copy it to your clipboard.
- In the below Padlet, create a new post by clicking on the “+” button in the bottom-right corner.
- Paste the copied URL to your H5P activity to your post and briefly include the following:
- What type of H5P activity it is (e.g. Drag and Drop, Image Hotspots, Flashcards, etc.)?
- What course do you use this activity in?
- A 2-3 sentence explanation of what students are supposed to do in the activity.
Step 3: Comment
- Try and leave at least 1 comment on another person’s post!
At the end of this week, we’ll create a new page with all of your H5P activities!